The Life And Times

I'm a student from Saskatchwean with ALOT going on!

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sonforce Kids 007

The second week of July was by far the best part of my summer to date! West Portal Church had their VBS that week and I was super excited to get the chance to be a team leader. My group was called the Undercover Agents. The kids were SO much fun to be with. And I have to admit I was actually really excited to get to the church every evening so I could see the kids and be a part of their growing relationship with God. There were deffinately a few highlights of the week. The first being Tuesday when one of my kids came to the group and gave me a hug and said" I just became a christian!" I swear I almost started to cry I was super excited about that! Another highlight was the day we took all the VBS kids to Redberry Bible Camp for the day on Thurday. The bus driver got lost on the way there but otherwise it was a pretty good time. Let me just say that by the end of the week the kids didn't want to go home because they were having such a good time with their friends and hearing about God (which I was so happy to hear) but I didn't want the week to end becasue I didn't want to lose my kids! Las tweek didn't only afect the kids that attended but I don't think a single volunteer can say that they weren't affected in some way. i know for a fact that I've changed a little since then. I'm so happy I had the expierience and I will NEVER EVER forget last week. Now that the week is over I am so looking forward to next year!

i hope everyone had a great weekend and has a fantastic rest of the week!

4 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

Made me smile to read this post. :) Sounds like you had a super fun time at VBS and I love that you and God were working on the same team to bring His children closer to Him. :) That is the coolest!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

How awesome Kait! Such a special time knowing that one of "your" kids became a Christian. Glad your week was wonderful and I hope your summer continues to be good. Love you!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

I got goosebumps as I read this post. I am glad that you had such a cool experience. You were a blessing to those kids. Love you.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Hi Kait!
Just wanted to check in to see how you are and to also let you know that I've tagged you. Read my blog for more info:)

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home