The Life And Times

I'm a student from Saskatchwean with ALOT going on!

Saturday, February 06, 2010

wow.......

Hmmm so I guess almost a year in lack of updates suggests its about time to give this thing an update!!!

Where do we start? Well I guess it would be useful to go back to the last post. Since then, Karisa has graduated from high school and now attends the University Of Saskatchewan studying engineering. So far so good on the front. I have finished grade 10 and just started my second semester in grade 11. For those of you keeping track, that means only a mere 14 school months until I too graduate from high school! thats an exciting thought!


July was a very busty month for me. We started off with the Loewen family cruise to Alasks. That was a ton of fun! It was the first visit for us and we had a really fun time! July was also when I started my first summer working at camp. That was by far the best part of my summer. I was working as a CIT at Rosthern Youth Farm Bible Camp. It was amazing! I had a great time with the rest of the Jr. staff, met a ton of new people, and had a really awesome growing experience with God. What a great way to spend the summer! I worked for 4 weeks total. Two weeks were at kids cam, and two weeks were at Adult Special Needs Camp. I deffinately enjoyed working with the ASN camps a little bit more enjoyable. There was a nice slow pace to them, and a flexible schedule that was a very nice change from the crazy kids weeks!


uly was also the month I FINALY got to go for my driver's license. I passed first time around and have been happily enjoying the privillege of driving for about 7 months.

I am still Student Council VP and I was also chosen last year to represent our school in a Student Advisory Council with our school division Board. We meet three times a year and use that time to give student input on education and student engagement in schools. I am also a member of a Learning Sub-comittee that is trying to change how students learn in classrooms. We are looking at how students interact with their teachers and the classrooms and what we can do to modernize education. So far its been a lot of fun, and I really enjoy it.

Hopefully this update doesn't seem as choppy to al of you as it does to me. Trying to get 9 months of information can get a little scattered!!
I will leave you all with a few snapshots of whats been going on!
Have a good week all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home